In the event of snow or another form of inclement weather, the schools may close for the day or delay opening. Here are a few places to look or listen for school closing information.
- The School Directors will send out an email. This will typically be between 6:30 and 7:00.
- You may call the school. The outgoing message will provide information of our closing or delay. This is updated as soon as a decision is made about the closing or delay, typically between 6:30 and 7:00 AM.
- Our Facebook pages will have a notice added, here are links to each school's page: Heartworks, Renaissance, Endeavour
- Many radio and television stations broadcast this information on an on-going basis.
- Many TV and radio web sites have a link on their home page that says “closings and delays” – all schools in the area are listed there. We are located under: Chittenden County, Heartworks, Renaissance, Endeavour Schools (when all schools are cancelled).
In the event of a “two hour delay” in opening, we will open to receive children beginning at 10:20. The time is calculated from when the morning program begins (8:20) and early care is not available on these days.
Parents who may have a challenging commute to or from school during inclement weather are welcome to arrive late in the morning or choose to have their child stay home. During the school day parents are welcome to pick their child up at any time that best suits their needs. We try to remain open as long as possible in the day and if the weather becomes increasingly difficult during the day, we may close early at 4:30 or 5:00.